Thursday, March 20, 2008

A DAY TO TREASURE

Today Emily met a new friend - my old friend Pam's daughter Brooke. They are exactly one month apart and they had a very typical two-year-old play date! They were so cute together. We met at a playground where Pam and I used to play. The playground wasn't there back then, but it was at the lake where we took swim lessons and spent many hours together. While we were there, the local elementary school kids walked to the park from the school to have an Easter egg hunt, just like Pam and I did so long ago. Strangely, we even ran into a few old friends there as well! See Pam's pictures at www.hekeepsmesinging.blogspot.com Such a treasure to see our own little girls holding hands like we used to - Pam and I used to play babies together outside all the time, now we have our own real babies to play with!

Cutie Brooke

Put two photographers together and what do you get? Pictures of taking pictures.....Eating lunch at our favorite BBQ restaurant. JOHNNYS!!



5 comments:

Kimberly said...

So excited for you guys that you got to see each other again! I bet between the 2 of you every second of your day has been photographed! Looks like fun was had by all!

Jennie said...

Brooke is a beauty and I still think it's so neat that Emily looks like our side of the family.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! My very best childhood friend came up to MD last week, and we got together with our own little ones. I loved seeing them together, too. Especially since Brooke is the age we were when we really became good friends. God is so good!

Florida Girl said...

I will certainly treasure the day also and these pictures. It's hard to describe all the feelings that being with you brought back. I am so thankful for the technolgy that we have and I've made up my mind that I will never "lose" you again. These pictures are so precious.

Karen said...

What a surreal moment! I didn't realize that Emily and Brooke were so close in age! What a treasured season to share with each other! They are both adorable. And I loved Pam's pictures of the girls on her blog.