Friday, March 28, 2008

AN HEIRLOOM TO CHERISH



We had these done of the girls when we were at Disney World. Ignore the strange glare on the glass. You can actually see my reflection on part of them. My stepmother Marion made these same silhouettes of my sisters and I when we were young. I asked my mom to find them, I can't wait to compare them to see how similar they might be. Hannah's hair is a little bit inaccurate, just a little longer than it really is. Thats because she had her hair up in her "princess do" when we had these done, and we had to just explain to the artist what it normally looks like. Guess we were a little off on the length. But in a few years, we will never remember how long her hair was. I think they are all an amazing likeness, especially Emily.

5 comments:

Florida Girl said...

These are precious. I also have one of these from when I was young at Disney. Maybe I can find it and post it.

Karen said...

Very sweet. We got these done around a year ago, but it's the 3 kids together, and I love it. We do have the cherished memory of Casey crying her eyes out because the ponytail was NOT right!!

Kimberly said...

How sweet! I had these done of Emily and Matthew when they were little and hadn't thought of doing one of Addison! Now I'm excited!
Your little Emily's profile reminds me of the little girl in Peter Pan with her bow! How did you get her to sit still?

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Kimberly - She didn't sit still. She just looked at her and she bopped around everywhere... they are so good there! You will definitely have to do Addie! I have these hanging on my wall in a vertical row. I love them. Karen - we can relate to the "not right" ponytail!! :)