Monday, November 17, 2008

EASTERN CHRISTIAN CONVENTION

Photobucket

This weekend I had the honor of being a part of the Children's Ministry Program for the Eastern Christian Convention. My friend Joanne and I headed up a service project for the kids - we had them put together shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was a powerful experience for all who witnessed these children being so self-less as they thought of and prayed for these children on the other side of the world. One thing that will always stand out in my mind is the little girl with muscular dystrophy who pulled herself across the floor on her elbows while she went down the line filling her little shoebox for another child. I have so many more things to share about the convention, but you can see a slideshow of that service project by entering the code "ecc" HERE.

post signature

0 comments: