Friday, October 16, 2009

A COLD RAINY HOMESCHOOL DAY

This is my favorite way to start each day when it's chilly outside. The fireplace, hot tea and my Bible.
Photobucket
From that peacefulness - we move on to ...
Photobucket

JumpStart!! The time we start our day together. The big girls are working on mind-bending puzzles to get their brains in gear for the day and Boo is working on her counting frogs.
Photobucket


Sometimes those frogs jump right on her nose!

Photobucket

Silly frogs!

Photobucket


This morning Banana took her spelling test on the sliding glass door with window markers - who says spelling can't be fun?
Photobucket


Miss Boo joins us everyday for spelling, she absolutely loves learning about all the sounds the letters make. I usually give her letters or words to copy down, but since we were at the window today, I decided to just give her words to try to spell - this little girl shocked me! I gave her 13 different words to spell - mostly words like cat, hat, dog, go - she spelled EVERY word right! Her little brain just amazes me every day! She even spelled her own full name and her sister's names too! She is a smart little cookie.
Photobucket


Today we are reading "Harold and the Purple Crayon".
Photobucket
Photobucket


Miss Boo is drawing her own adventures with her purple marker - just like Harold!
Photobucket


And tonight our family is going to see "Harold and the Purple Crayon", the play at our local community college. I'm very curious to see how this little story can be made into a show!
Photobucket

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awww I love seeing pics of their everydayness (is that a word?)!

Nana said...

We read Harold and the Purple crayon....A LOT! Looks like they are having lots of fun.