Friday, January 8, 2010

FRIDAY'S THOUGHTS....

Photobucket

Because of the late Alabama game last night, I woke up to a very quiet house with everyone sleeping in a little later than usual. I enjoyed the freshly fallen snow with a beautiful sunrise while having ACTUAL quiet for my morning prayer time. It was beautiful. It's amazing how much better my day goes when I can spend some quiet time alone with the Lord in the morning.
Photobucket

Today our jumpstart time was spent playing Quirkle together. It's a great game that is equally challenging to a four year old or a fourteen year old!
Photobucket

Miss Boo spent some time in math while counting dried beans and practicing writing her numbers
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

while helping Boo with her beans and counting, I was multi-tasking and reading Banana's history to her, while she did some scratch art creating what a soldier would look like from that time period. We read very interesting facts about how the women and children were involved in the Revolutionary War. I love learning along with my girls. Did you know that some women actually enlisted in the war disguised as men? They were only found out if they were injured and needing medical assistance.
Photobucket

We love to read historical fiction - it really makes history come alive!
Photobucket
After our morning work was done, the girls enjoyed some time in the snow.
Photobucket

Punkin has discovered that she actually enjoys shoveling. Dad is enjoying that fact too while it lasts. I plan on spending the afternoon multi-tasking while teaching the girls (if only I could clone myself) - and cleaning out lots of cabinets and shelves in our learning room! Everytime I visit THIS blog - I get so inspired to organize and be a better mom/wife/homeschooler. She is one amazing woman!

0 comments: