Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SPRING IN DC - PART ONE - NATIONAL CATHEDRAL

What an absolutely beautiful day!! The weather was simply gorgeous. My friend and I decided to take the girls for a day in DC - our first stop was the National Cathedral. There are no words to describe this place ....
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The stained glass windows in this building are unbelievable!! The girls spotted this light on the floor that was shining through one of the stained glass windows - I love the light that fell on them! (check out Banana's face as she looked straight up at the sun through the window!)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
We were able to sit and listen to an organ demonstration - it was something I will never forget. Hearing the sound of the organ filling the National Cathedral as the sun poured through the stained glass, during Holy Week, as we thought about all the many great men and women who have been inside that building.
Photobucket

We went up to the observation deck in the cathedral to see the view of DC from one of the highest points in the city. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen said...

One of my favorite places! Looks like you had a gorgeous day to visit - beautiful pics! I had to take a double take because Kirsten looks so much like Stephanie!

Nana said...

These pictures are beautiful. Good to know that there is beauty in DC, when all you hear is negative. Love the cherry blossoms and the beautiful Cathedral. I would love to go there sometime when I am up there.