Saturday, July 17, 2010

SILVER GLEN SPRINGS

I have a new favorite place in Florida. Isn't this beautiful??? Ahhhh - it's a tropical oasis right in the middle of the Ocala National Forest. I used to live in Ocala and never knew this was here!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Silver Glen Springs is a 1st magnitude spring with a large, semicircular pool that flows into Lake George. The water is COLD, but it was such a hot day that it felt pretty good. Boats are able to anchor right outside the spring - I would LOVE to rent a houseboat and hang out here all week.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Me and my sister-in-law Stephanie kicking HARD to get on top of the spring - when you look down, you can see huge fish at the bottom of the spring.
Photobucket
Can you see me waving at you???
PhotobucketPhotobucket
hey - who got a hold of my camera???
Photobucket
very attractive
Photobucket
Ya just never know what these two will do when nobody is looking!!
(the hubs parents - AKA Nana and Papa)
Photobucket
Dad and the girls
Photobucket
There were perfect sunny spots for picnics - but the bear-proof trash cans were also rather "Punkin proof".
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I spotted this little guy watching my family snorkeling right there in the background.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I want to go back now.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Come on back and lets go. You really got some pretty pictures of the springs. They are beautiful.

Karen said...

It's one of my all time favorite places in FL. So glad you guys loved it! I can't believe Nana got in that COOOOOOLD water!