Friday, November 5, 2010

Week in Review - Week 9

What a crazy week this has been!! As a photographer, my busiest time of the year is when the fall leaves are changing color. Everyone likes to take advantage of that for family portraits, Christmas cards, etc.   I typically adhere to a strict schedule of only scheduling ONE client a week, on Saturday evenings.  This week was an exception to that rule - I have TEN clients this week! (And next week is looking just as busy!)  Needless to say, homeschooling has looked a little different this week.  There has been lots of "car-schooling", schooling at friends houses, school under the forts the girls have made under the dining room table, school outside observing THE FROST, etc.  I love that homeschooling offers that kind of flexibility, and it's fun to see the girls learning "outside the box" in so many different ways.  They are most definitely ALWAYS learning, but it looks different sometimes, and that's okay.   Add to the fact that since I took approximately 10 million pictures this week of other people, I didn't take many pictures of homeschooling.    So instead, I thought I would share a memory piece the girls have been working on. 

The Lords Prayer in English and then in Latin.

Make sure to turn your sound all the way up!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Love little Emily's face at the end! Way to go girls! Hannah's hair is getting sooo long - very pretty :)

Wendy said...

AWESOME!!

Tristan said...

Oh my, that's a lot of work in a week! I love the flexibility of homeschooling too - it's great!

Jada Rocks said...

What a busy week:/ Have a great weekend!

Nana said...

Way to go girls. That is VERY impressive. I do good to memorize in English, but surely could never do Latin. You girls rock. Love you!

Samantha said...

This is my first visit to your blog - your girls are lovely. It does sound like you had a busy week, autumn is my favorite season so I can understand why so many folks want to have pictures taken at this time of year.

I've been homeschooling for 8 years and every year I'm so grateful for the flexibility of homeschooling. This year, we started August 2nd so we could take the whole month of December "off." As you said, we're always learning but things will look a lot different in December.

Samantha